MLBlogs has announced the top blogs for the year 2010 and Phillies Phollowers has been ranked #9 out of all Fan MLBlogs for all teams. In the Beat-Writer category, Todd Zolecki’s Zo Zone ranked #1! And in the Pro category, Larry Shenk’s Phillies Insider landed at #22 for the year. Congrats to Larry and Todd for a great year of blogging!
As for myself, landing in the Top Ten is a huge honor. Out of all the Phillies Fan Blogs on the site, I have had the priveledge of holding the #1 spot for 3 straight years now. That would not be possible without everyone who has stopped by to read my little rants.
I would like to send out a huge “THANK YOU!” to all of my readers! I have made many new friends through this site as well. These amazing people come from all over the world and share my great passion for baseball.
– As a freelance writer and high school English instructor, blogging is a great way to keep your mind fresh and full of new ideas.
– The voices in my head told me to do it.
– I grew tired of yelling, in vain, at the TV set. This seemed more cathartic.
– I just knew I could make the world a better place both with my photography and photoshopping skills :O)
– This is a nice, safe place to vent when my team decides to suck. Misery loves company.
– This is a nice, fun place to celebrate when my team doesn’t suck. Virtual hugs for everyone!
– My Dad doesn’t like baseball. I am such a rebel. Also, it proves I must be adopted ;o)
– Simply, to connect and share with other baseball fans!
– Writing is like hiking through the jungle without a destination in mind. You never know who or what you will meet or where you will end up. It is the ultimate adventure. And just like baseball, anything can happen.
Congratulations to all of the MLBloggers who made the Top 100 of 2010! This takes a lot of time and dedication. Be proud of all you have accomplished!
Photoshopping by Jenn Zambri Photography
Our friend over at “The Max” blog is holding a Max Madness contest for MLBloggers and today, Phillies Phollowers will take on a Mets blogger, Pick Me Up Some Mets. I am petitioning for your vote :O) Please go HERE and VOTE for Phillies Phollowers!
While I have no experience at campaigning, I did think I should point out a few reason why should vote for me.
First, let’s see what I do not have to bring to the table:
– I do not have a rich, influential Daddy, like some candidates:
– I do not have young interns to get me some extra press:
– I do not have Joe Biden to yell at people for me and scare them into voting my way:
– Boys: Who provided you with the Hooters girls photo? That’s right…me.
– Girls: Who gave ya half-naked shots of Pat Burrell, Cole Hamels, Shane Victorino and the Phillie-Dales? Yes, me again.
– Everyone: Queen Latifah thinks you should vote for me!
– So does Vince Papale – and remember, he is Invincible!
– And then there is my friend Wyland, marine artist, environmentalist and all-around nice guy :O)
– And never forget The Big Man, Ryan Howard:
– Oh, and my blogging is not half-bad either :O)
Thank you for reading this shameless plug for my blog. Now, please VOTE for me! You guys rock!
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has stopped by to read and to say hello! I appreciate everyone’s support and value each comment I receive. You guys and gals make this so much fun for me! Please continue to visit and leave your feedback and also feel free to E-mail me with any comments, questions or suggestions. Thanks again and as always, have a super peachy day!! J