Is it just me, or is everyone glad 2015 is over? This was a rough year for Phillies fans, and unfortunately, 2016 does not look much more promising. But perhaps making a few New Year’s Resolutions will help set the tone in a more positive direction. These are my own personal resolutions, but they are open to all Phillies fans who wish to join me!
- I promise not to cry every time I look over at second base and realize Chase Utley is not there….ok, maybe I will cry just a few times.
- No matter how hard someone pushes me, I will not take performance enhancing drugs to improve my Phillies baseball viewing experience in what looks to be another bad year. Unless Valium counts, because I will need that to suppress my Utley crying episodes.
- I will learn the names of all the new players…unless they suck. Then I make no promises.
- I will attempt to keep my complaints about the new, extended protective netting at the ballpark to a minimum. I mean, WHY can’t people just pay attention to the game? Why do I have to suffer with my pictures being blocked by this annoying webbed crap? Ok, I think I broke that resolution already…
- I will try not to make ageist remarks about the new GM, Matt Klentak. Is this guy even out of diapers yet? Oh, sorry…do-over: At least he is old enough to drink; he will be very thankful for that this year.
- I will throw a party every time ex-Phillie Jonathan Papelbon gets into a fight with one of his new Nationals teammates (or whatever team he gets traded to next). There will be open bar if the brawl involves Bryce Harper. This is going to be a super-fun year!!
Happy New Year, everyone!